Claremont McKenna College's Model United Nations team was founded in 2012. Since then, we have expanded our team and McKenna MUN every year—changing history for ourselves and our college. The purpose of the CMC MUN team is to encourage students to engage with contemporary issues in international relations, promote the ethos and mission of the United Nations, provide practical experience in modern multilateral diplomacy and conflict resolution, and maintain the position of the club within the Model United Nations circuit as one of the most competitive teams in the world.
In 2020, for the first time in CMC MUN history, we brought a large delegation to Harvard MUN.
Team Awards and Achievements
CMC MUN is a competitive team, ranking 5th in North America by Best Delegate in 2020, constituting the first time a West Coast team has broken into the top 5. The team's strong leadership, warm culture, and structured practices have all contributed to our accomplishments.
Other Notable Awards:
- Harvard National: Best Small Delegation (2017, 2015)
- Harvard World: Best Small Delegation (2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012)
- UPenn: Best Small Delegation (2019, 2014)
- USC Trojan: Best Large Delegation (2019, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014)
- UC Berkeley: Best Large Delegation (2015)
- UCLA: Best Small Delegation (2017, 2014, 2011)
- Georgetown NCSC: Best Small Delegation (2017)
- Pomona SageMUN: Best Delegation (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017)
The Team Experience
While our Friday evenings are usually reserved for team practices, we also host a number of social events throughout the year to help foster a warm, inclusive and fun team culture. For most of us, MUN is not just an extremely competitive team, but also a group of likeminded peers to engage with both in and outside of the official MUN setting. Below are photos from some of the numerous social gatherings CMC MUN has organized, or had members attend.