Claremont McKenna College's Model United Nations team was founded in 2012. Since then, we have expanded our team and McKenna MUN every year—changing history for ourselves and our college. The purpose of the CMC MUN team is to encourage students to engage with contemporary issues in international relations, promote the ethos and mission of the United Nations, provide practical experience in modern multilateral diplomacy and conflict resolution, and maintain the position of the club within the Model United Nations circuit as one of the most competitive teams in the world.
The 2022-2023 CMCMUN Executive Board
Team Awards and Achievements
CMCMUN is a highly competitive team, ranked 5th in North America by Best Delegate in 2021-2022 academic year. In addition to the unparalleled support of CMC administration, the team's strong leadership, warm culture, and structured practices have all contributed to our accomplishments.
Other Notable Awards:
- Harvard National, HNMUN: Best Small Delegation (2017, 2015)
- Harvard World, WorldMUN: Best Small Delegation (2023, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012)
- McGill University, McMUN: Best Small Delegation (2020)
- University of Chicago, ChoMUN: Best Small Delegation (2022)
- Georgetown University, NCSC: Best Small Delegation (2022, 2018, 2017), Outstanding Small Delegation (2021)
- University of Pennsylvania, UPMUNC: Best Small Delegation (2022, 2019, 2014)
- Boston University, BarMUN: Best Small Delegation (2022)
- University of Southern California, TrojanMUN: Best Large Delegation (2021, 2019, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014), Best Small Delegation (2018)
- UC Los Angeles, LAMUN: Best Large Delegation (2021), Best Small Delegation (2017, 2015, 2014, 2011), Outstanding Large Delegation (2019)
- UC Berkeley, UCBMUN: Best Large Delegation (2015, 2014), Outstanding Small Delegation (2023, 2020)
- UC Santa Barbara, SBIMUN: Best Large Delegation (2021, 2018, 2013), Best Small Delegation (2022)
- Pomona SageMUN: Best Delegation (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017)
The Team Experience
While our Friday evenings are usually reserved for team practices, we also host a number of social events throughout the year to help foster a warm, inclusive and fun team culture. For most of us, MUN is not just an extremely competitive team, but also a group of likeminded peers to engage with both in and outside of the official MUN setting. Below are photos from some of the numerous social gatherings CMCMUN has organized, or had members attend.